Hello! I’m 19 and I just rented this duplex with my girlfriend and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on saving money and being able to make use out of it? I’m a line cook I get paid 12 an hour although a lot of folks are telling me to ask for a raise. My gf also makes 12 an hour working at the same place as a dishwasher. I’m there 4 days a week, 7 hours for 3 days, 9 hours on 1, so I get paid about 550-600 every paycheck (I get paid every 2 weeks plus taxes taken out) and my girl gets about 430-460 generally. If my rent is 1200 each month (including utilities) am I absolutely screwed, can I even save money, and should I be doing something else/more to bring in more income ?
- How much of your net-worth do you feel comfortable having in your primary residence?
- My sibling defaulted on student loans and now my parents owe $60k, destroying their plans of retirement.
- Personal Finance Educational Channels for Poland/Eastern Europe
- still in undergrad – should I start paying my loans?
- I have just over 1,500 saved up