I’m going to be an auntie! As I will never have kids myself, I’d like to set something aside right now upon my nephew’s birth to start getting him set up for the future. I DON’T want to do an educational savings account, as there’s no way to tell if he’ll ever want to attend college. Is there a good vehicle for savings that will grow reasonably that I can start saving in now for his future, in his name? Or do I just open a new investment account with him as my beneficiary, and then turn it over to him upon his majority? If that’s too complicated, I could absolutely trust my brother to open a joint account on the understanding that it goes to his son. Your suggestions are appreciated!
- Worth keeping an “investment property” where you’re ~$500 in the hole every month?
- Can I open a business CC at the same time as a personal one?
- ~$1,000 from research studies, do I need to report?
- Can I buy Series I Bonds as a non-resident alien?
- got 11k left in my car loan at 4% interest. I have the money to pay it off right now. Should I pay if off or invest it? Thank you !