So my aunt passed away a few months ago unfortunately and I was just informed that my brother and I were listed on her life insurance policy. I’ve never been the beneficiary on someone’s life insurance policy and I’m unsure how it all works. Do I get taxed on this money when I receive it? Also I know most life insurance policies at a workplace are 2 times the annual salary so should I expect to get half of that amount or does it not work like that?
- Next Seeking advice for changing mindset towards debt and savings
- Previous Short by a couple hundred dollars for my bills, don’t get my paycheck until 2 weeks from now, is there anything I can do at all?
- Worth keeping an “investment property” where you’re ~$500 in the hole every month?
- Can I open a business CC at the same time as a personal one?
- ~$1,000 from research studies, do I need to report?
- Can I buy Series I Bonds as a non-resident alien?
- got 11k left in my car loan at 4% interest. I have the money to pay it off right now. Should I pay if off or invest it? Thank you !