I’m self employed and my income for 2021 ended up being *significantly* lower than the reported estimated income used to apply for medical insurance tax credits. As a result, it’s looking like I’m going to have to pay back the full amount of tax credits I received which is going to end up being more than I even earned this year (it was a REALLY bad year). My insurance agent said I can reach out to the IRS and ask them for leniency but I don’t even know where to start. I feel so overwhelmed and devastated. This is going to put me in significant debt on top of an already abysmal year and with student loans resuming in January I don’t know what I’m going to do. How do I go about finding out who I need to speak with at the IRS?
- Next Active Duty -Complex Situation
- Previous Should I move a debt consolidation loan balance to a credit card?
- Is anyone having issues with direct deposit from PNC(as of 11/6)
- He earns a lot, but has significant student loan debt. Should I ask for a pre-nup?
- Most lucrative way to invest 20k risk free?
- Is it better to roll my old company’s 401k into my personal Roth, or new company’s 401 plan?
- Was a foolish for paying off my student loans in its entirety?